— Ryan's Catchphrase
Ryan is a freshman at Bay City High who has technopathy – the extraordinary ability to control technology with his mind. His talent mysteriously awakens MECH-X4, a giant 150-foot robot built by an elusive genius (who was imprisoned) to defend their town against impending doom in the form of monsters.
Ryan is the leader of the Mech X-4 Team. He has a great attitude and tries to do what's best for the team, but sometimes loses focus as what's right. He also rises to occasions and is not afraid to stand up to his older brother, Mark.
Powers and Abilities
- Technopathy - Ryan has a unique ability of being able to control technology using his mind. He is capable of controlling the both small, simplest appliances (such as lamps) or even bigger, heavier things (such as missiles and Mech-X4). People who have Technopathy are known as Technopaths and when using this ability, the irises of his eyes glow a light blue color. However, Ryan cannot control technology that isn't turned on.
- Explosion Inducement - Ryan is capable of making technology and electronics explode with his mind. This is a common effect of his power as he did it with phones, droids, missiles, etc. However, using this ability too much can cause mental pain or stress and can often time make him weak. (Let's Survive in the Woods!)
- Remote Control - Ryan is able of controlling MECH-X4 from outside the robot for short periods of time. His ability gradually improved when using it constantly. (Let's Go Clubbing!)
- Electrokinesis - Ryan has the ability to manipulate electrons allowing him to mentally interface with technology as well as generate energy. He sometimes, though, uses this ability for offensive purposes, as he did in the Harper tech data core room when he manipulated the electricity into a bolt to knock back an enemy.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Ryan has shown multiple types and forms of combat without using his powers.
- Mech X4 Link: While controlling Mech X4, any damage that the robot sustains reflects itself appropriately on Ryan until fixed.
- Emotional Turmoil: If Ryan is experiencing huge emotional turmoil, his powers will become uncontrollable and short out until the emotional turmoil is resolved.
Mark is Ryan's adoptive (Ryan is adopted, not Mark) older brother. They are quite the opposite, since Mark is a confident athlete while Ryan isn't. However, Mark has shown to be there for his brother despite his popularity and vice-versa.
Harris is one of Ryan's best friends and the intelligent one of the four. Ryan was deeply concerned and shocked when he thought Harris was dead in Let's Call It Mech-X4!. They might not think alike sometimes, but they always have each others' backs.
Spyder is one of Ryan's best friends and the daredevil of the three. Instead of training and being responsible, like Harris probably prays for every day, he and Ryan like having fun and being reckless (like playing hockey with a monster heart). Ryan felt bad for doubting Spyder in Let's Get Some Air! after Spyder gave up his one chance to hangout with Cassie, his crush, to help his friends out in a time of need.
— Ryan Walker
|“||I'm a hero, Leo. And I'm gonna do what any hero does with a secret identity...I'm gonna lie to my mom!||”|
— Ryan Walker
- He is a technopath.
- He is the pilot of Mech-X4.
- He uses skateboarding as a way to unwind.
- He loves to camp.
- He has a habit of saying "I love you, bye!" really quickly when he's nervous.
- His nickname is "Ry Guy", which is only used by his family and close friends.
- He still wears the "Save Spyder" t-shirt that was made to support a crowdfunding campaign to fix Spyder's leg.
- He still has his childhood teddy bear, Mr. Woobie, which Principal Grey thinks he's too old for.
- He likes playing pranks on people to get back at them, but it doesn't always work out for him.
| To view the Ryan Walker gallery, click here.